Join us at our fringe meeting on the eve of the Durham Miners’ Gala in the Old Town Hall from 18.00 on Friday 7th July to celebrate 75 years of the NHS.
The Durham Miners’ Gala is a huge celebration of community, international solidarity, and working class culture and the NHS was forged out of such mass social movements coupled with powerful political leadership. The Socialist Health Association fought for its creation and will campaign across the labour movement to defend and rebuild it as a public service!
- Mary Kelly Foy MP for City of Durham;
- Alex Gordon President, RMT;
- Jamie Driscoll, Mayor North of Tyne;
- Allyson Pollock, professor of public health Newcastle University:
- Jude Letham, Co-ordinator KONPNE;
- Lesley Spillard, Vice Chair SHA.
Time and place: Meeting 18.00-20.00 on 7 July, Old Town Hall on Market Place in Durham and please join us at our stall on the field on Saturday 8th July